In order to simplify the tedious task that might be encountered if a school is introducing SchoolServer for the first time (i.e. after accumulating a large number of students), SchoolServer provides an helper application that solves this problem by enabling the task to be shared among other computers. These other computers must have the helper application installed, so that they can be used to create "Students Roll File" which is then "rolled" into the main database on the main computer running SchoolServer.
First Download and install "SchoolServer client" on the computers that will be "helping" in the registration process, then follow these few simple steps:
- Step 1: Use the computer running SchoolServer to prepare the "Students Roll File" by going to the "BATCH PROCESSES" tab and clicking on "Roll Students". This computer is depicted as "server" computer because it is running your licensed version of SchoolServer. Any other computer running other SchoolServer add-ons are depicted as "helper computer".
- Step 2: Select "Prepare Data File" and click on "Process"
- Step 3: A dialog box pops-up. Just click "Save" to Save the file with the default name: "SchoolServer_StudentsRoll.ssdata"
- Step 4: Copy the file you saved at Step 3 above to the Desktop of the other computer(s) that are to help in rolling the registration data (the computers on which you have installed "SchoolServer Client" you downloaded before Step1 above)
- Step5: Now on the "helper computer", the file named "SchoolServer_StudentsRoll.ssdata" that you prepared in Step3 & Step4 above must be available on the desktop
- Step6: Run the "SchoolServer Client" application installed on the "helper computer" and start entering the data as required
- Step7: After completing Step6, close the application. Now a folder named "SchoolServer_StudentsRoll" will be created on the Desktop of the "helper computer"
- Step8: Copy the folder created in Step7 to the main server (the initial computer running your licensed version of SchoolServer)
- Step9: To "Roll" these registration data into SchoolServer database, go to the "BATCH PROCESSES" tab and click on "Roll Students"
- Step10: Select "Roll Data" and click on process
- Step11: In the dialog box that pops up, select the "Students_Roll_File" file that is inside the folder that you copied at Step8
You have now successfully loaded your data into your main SchoolServer database.